Professor Javed Ahmed
Professor Ahmed is one of the international experts in complex coronary interventional techniques and invasive coronary imaging.
Over the years, he has developed considerable experience in the following procedures:
- Coronary angiogram.
- Balloon angioplasty.
- Coronary artery stenting.
- Fractional flow reserve assessment (FFR).
- Intra vascular ultrasound.
- Optical coherence tomography (OCT).
- Optical frequency domain imaging (OFDI).
- Intra vascular lithotripsy (IVL).
- Rotational atherectomy.
- Laser coronary angioplasty.
These procedures which form part of his routine clinical practice and research expertise. Professor Ahmed is one of the pioneers and world expert in the use of Intravascular Lithotripsy (Shock Wave) treatment for calcified coronary arteries.
In addition, Professor Ahmed can also arrange the following treatments:
- Coronary bypass surgery.
- Heart valve repair and surgery.
- Hole closure in the heart.
- Implantable loop recorder.
- Pacemaker insertion.
- Intracardiac Deﬁbrillator (ICD).
- Transoesophageal echocardiogram.
- MRI-Heart and Great Vessels.
- Transcutaeneous Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI).